29 . 09 . 23
JOSH & LUCY
ARE GETTING MARRIED!
We've decided to tie the knot and we would love to have you with us on Friday 29th September 2023!
You can find everything you need to know about the details of the big day below.
Please join us at 15th century lodge, The Ravenswood:
East Grinstead RH19 4HY
The venue is a short taxi ride from East Grinstead station and there is plenty of onsite parking.
Confirm your attendance
Please let us know if you can join us - or if you won't be able to make it.
The juicy details
Information & details
The Ravenswood is located in West Sussex, surrounded by bucolic farmland and bordering the stunning South Downs.
There are several towns and villages nearby with lots of hotels, guesthouses and AirBnBs to choose from.
Best for convenience:
Stay with us at The Ravenswood!
With 33 rooms available for booking the night of our wedding, it couldn't be easier to just collapse into bed once you're finished celebrating with us. The booking price (from £135) also includes a continental or hot breakfast the next morning.
Please click the link below to view the available rooms & book or call 01342 810216 - you'll need to enter our code RWLJ290923 when prompted.
Find out more >
Best for budget:
Try the Travelodge, East Grinstead.
Just a few minutes' walk from the station, it's great for people coming by train.
Find out more >
Best for character:
There are many fantastic farmhouse retreats and AirBnBs that could be a great base if you want to stay a little longer.
Some recommended options:
- East Grinstead: Alexander House - 01342 714914 - view website
- East Grinstead: Crowne Plaza Felbridge - 01342 337700 - view website
- Forest Row: The Brambletye Hotel - 01342 810821 - view website
- Forest Row: Roebuck Hotel- 01342 823811 - view website
- West Hoathly: The Cat Inn - 01342 810369 - view website
Coming from the north, find your way onto the M23. Turn off the M23 at Crawley (junction 10A) and head south-east.
View directions on a map from junction 10A off M23 >
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Coming from London, it's easiest to get a train to East Grinstead followed by a 15-minute taxi from the station.
All the local taxi companies are familiar with The Ravenswood. The fee is around £16-18.
- Western Cars East Grinstead - 01342 300000
- Evo Taxis East Grinstead - 01342 324444
- AnB cars East Grinstead - 01342 317887
If you want to avoid taxis, it's best to get a train to Haywards Heath - from there you can catch the 270 bus up to Horsted Keynes. From there, it's a 24 minute walk to the venue.
Please note that the roads are your typical winding country lanes and many do not have pavements - please be careful!
- 1-1:30pm: Arrival & welcome
- 2pm: Ceremony starts
- 2:30pm: Drinks reception & canapés
- 3pm: Guests staying at The Ravenswood check in following group photos, couples photos
- 4pm: Move to dining room, dinner is served
- 5:40pm: Cupcakes cut & served, speeches
- 7pm: Evening guests arrive, move to the Baronial Hall, dancing & general merriment commence!
- 9pm: Buffet is served
- 12:30am: Carriages
Not to sound too corny, but your presence is the only gift we need!
We are not expecting to receive anything, and as we have been together for 10 years (!) all our homeware is sorted - but if you did want to make a contribution towards our honeymoon, that would be very much appreciated. We hope to be visiting Vietnam & Cambodia (first time for either of us in East Asia) and are very excited!
We'll have a box for cards but, if it's easier, our online banking details are as follows:
Joshua Walker & Lucy McGrath
Account no: 32484726
Sort code: 60-83-71
Please do drop us a message or email if you have any questions, we are very aware that we are not leaving very much time for making arrangements prior to the wedding!