Marmor Paperie is recruiting!
I’m pleased to announce that Marmor Paperie is looking to take on its first staff member! I am looking for someone who can help me with the various every-day tasks around the studio, which will include extensive training in marbling as well as more mundane activities like packing orders, preparing paper and keeping track of stock. There will also be occasional weekend work supporting me at workshops and events. So whilst it is classed as a Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship, don’t be put off – there will be lots of hands-on activities!
The apprenticeship will be a fixed term of a year (which will hopefully be continued to a full staff position once completed) and responsibilities will grow based on the candidate’s interests and skills to include possible areas such as bookbinding, social media marketing, design or sales.
Read on for the full Job Description and details on how to apply.
Salary: £10,452 per annum
Holiday: 22.4 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays
Contract: 4 days a week (30 hours a week), 12 Month Fixed Term
Occasional overtime / weekend events with time-off-in-lieu
- be 16-24 years of age
- live in Greenwich or Lewisham
- be either a non-graduate, or currently unemployed if you do have a degree
This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic team within a creative business.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and hardworking, with good attention to detail.
This position allows you to learn Paper Marbling, an endangered craft, whilst gaining valuable
experience of how a small business operates.
As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business
Administration. The qualification will be delivered by Westminster Kingsway College who will
allocate an assessor to assist with the gathering of evidence for your qualifications.
Supervision and support will be provided throughout the apprenticeship including an in depth
induction, regular one-to-one sessions, weekly team meetings, and development reviews.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting Lucy with marbling, gradually learning how to create a variety of marbled papers
- Packing up and sending out orders
- Studio management including keeping the studio clean and tidy
- Finishing books & other products, stock counts and organisation
- Running errands
- Support during Workshops, Open Studios, and other retail events (must be comfortable
moving equipment and handling money)
- General administration duties, including sending emails, maintaining filing systems and
running errands such as posting packages.
- Researching and updating contact lists
- Updating website
- Researching the market and potential retailers
- Having a positive, enthusiastic attitude and hands-on approach
- A strong desire to pursue a career in the creative sector or as a business owner
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- A keen attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and timekeeping
- Interest in marbling and/or book arts
How to apply
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the role.
If you need any help or further information before applying, please do email or call.